Health Hygiene Tips
As a reminder, the community is encouraged to practice good health hygiene to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other illnesses. Please take the following everyday preventive actions, listed below:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Individuals should stay home when they are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- People aged 65 and older should stay home and away from other people.
- People with a serious underlying health condition that can put you at increased risk, for example, a condition that impairs your lung or heart function or weakens your immune system, should stay home and away from people.
What is social distancing? Put simply, it means avoiding crowds when possible to help stop or slow down the spread of a highly contagious disease. Here are some helpful tips from the OC Health Care Agency on ways you can practice social distancing. For more information on preventing the spread of COVID-19, visit ochealthinfo.com.
Wash Your Hands
Germs are all around you. Stay healthy by washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
COVID-19 and Mental Health
You may be feeling anxiety, worry, or fear related to the social disruption caused by COVID-19. If you or a loved one experience these feelings, you can reach out to the following resources for support.
Should I Be Wearing A Facemask?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) does not recommend that people who are healthy wear a facemask in order to try and protect themselves from respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19.
Panic Buying & Preparing Effectively