Helping Hands Scholarship
Helping Hands Scholarship
Helping Hands Scholarship & Transportation
2018-2019 Program Guidelines
Purpose: The Brea Resource Center assists income-eligible Brea residents with a once-a-year scholarship for childcare purposes. For the 2018-2019 school year, annual after school program fees are $660 (full payment) or $680 (payment plan). Qualified residents will be eligible for a full or partial scholarship, which covers a student’s registration fee and the first 2 months of the program. Scholarship applications are due by July 31.
How to apply: Complete the application form and return to the Brea Resource Center along with copies of the documents listed on the application.
Eligibility for After School/Teen Program Scholarship:
- Applicant must live in the City of Brea and provide proof of current address.
- Applicant must provide proof of employment for EVERY ADULT in the household to verify need for childcare.
- Applicant must demonstrate there are no other means available to pay for childcare costs at this time.
- Applicant's household income must not exceed the maximum income limits as listed in the table below.
Eligibility for Van:
- Applicant's household income must not exceed the maximum income limits as stated below.
- State and Federal Tax Returns for 2017 OR the two most recent pay stubs for ALL WORKING ADULTS in the household.
- Applicant must live in the City of Brea for FREE van spot.
- Applicant must live, work, or have children who attend school in Brea for PAID van spot.
- Jr. High Van applicants' spots will be $200 for the year ($20/month auto-debit payment plan). Free van spots assigned based upon eligibility for scholarship.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED UNLESS ALL DOCUMENTS ARE PRESENTED. APPROVALS WILL BE BASED ON NEED AND ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL AFTER JULY 1.
THE VAN LOTTERY WILL BE DRAWN ON AUGUST 1 AND PHONE CALLS WILL BE MADE WITHIN 72 HOURS.
DUE TO THE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS WE RECEIVE WE CANNOT BE RESPONSIBLE TO RETURN DOCUMENTATION INCLUDED WITH YOUR APPLICATION. PLEASE INCLUDE COPIES OF DOCUMENTS. WE WILL DESTROY DOCUMENTS AFTER THEY ARE PROCESSED.
All information and data on the application will be verified. The application will be maintained by the Agency staff in a Program file, all other materials relating to eligibility will be destroyed. Please note there may be up to a two-week waiting period for approval of application.
|Family Size||ASP Scholarship ($660)
Free Van Spot
|Half Scholarship ($330)
Van spot only ($200)